Gluten Free Protein Powered Peanut Butter Crepes
Gluten Free Protein Powered Peanut Butter Crepes...I don't think a recipe ever had a name this long. But...but...in my defense, I see no better way to tell you how much you need these in your life. Especially after a grueling workout, when there is nothing you'd rather do than eat (EVERYTHING). I think my creativity in the kitchen reaches its highest peek after a sweat session. My cravings are in overdrive and I will devour anything. Lucky for me, I had a few things on hand to whip up a delicious and healthy AF breakfast. These crepes cigars are made using some of my favorite brands:
- King Arthur Gluten Free Flour // first time working with gluten free flour-love it so far
- Wild Oats Market Place Organic Ground Flaxseed // great source of fiber (gut health) and omega-3 fatty acids (heart protection)
- Blue Diamond Almond Milk // I keep it on hand for a milk substitute
- Chobani Vanilla Greek Yogurt and Purely Inspired Organic Protein // because protein, protein, protein.
*Not sponsored. Sharing is caring.
Let's Do This!
Made 5 crepes...totally had a me. myself. and I moment.
1/2 C Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour
1/2 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 C almond milk
1 large egg
1.5 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tsp flaxseed
3 tbsp of vanilla greek yogurt (optional)
1/2 C peanut butter
1 tbsp chocolate protein powder
1/4 tsp almond extract
1 tsp cocoa powder
Do It //
1. Combine flour, sugar, salt, flaxseed, almond milk, egg, & butter in a blender. Blend until smooth and a little watery (not the thickness of pancake batter). If batter is appearing thick, add a small amount of almond milk and blend until you reach a desired consistency.
2. Heat a 12-inch no stick skillet on medium heat. Lightly butter skillet. Add a small amount of batter, about 1/3 cup, and swirl to cover the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Flip and cook other side. *After 20 minutes of failed attempts and a sink full of skillets later, I found it easier to cook crepes on a griddle. The flat surface made them easier to flip without tearing.*
3. For the filling, you will want to place the peanut butter in the microwave (no more than 15 seconds) to soften. Mix in almond extract, protein powder, and cocoa powder. Allow crepes to cool slightly before lathering on the chocolatey peanut butter goodness.
4. Roll crepes and top with your favorite fruits. Add a drizzle of peanut butter to complete the look and devour...because YOU DESERVE THIS!